close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Use Page As Template issue

Thread began 9/14/2011 4:11 pm by elevy388997 | Last modified 9/30/2011 2:05 pm by elevy388997 | 1921 views | 5 replies

elevy388997Beta Tester

Use Page As Template issue

I have created a new site using site sculptor and I know the whole with the use page as template and then the green plus to create a page. This site is a bit older so I didn't do the work around I am going to disucss.

Basically I have a set number of pages with an events page that lists upcoming events. Then each event I want to make into a link where they can click on it and get the bio of the artists and such. So I create a new page based off of the events page and create the specific event page. My problem is the very top menu item (in this case events) gets updated with whatever I put as the new template.

So I login to sitesculptor, click the green plus on Events, type out the specific event information and it is saved as event X. So I take the link it gives me for the page and make the event text a hyperlink to the template page. But now the event page is the same as the new event page I make. If i delete the event page I made from the template, it calls the correct text and such.

So for my newer sites I have created a page in navigation called Item, that doesn't show in navigation. So now I use it as a template, make the page and link to it from the event page. Problem is, on my current site, I don't have a menu item called Item attached to my content page template.

Hopefully this makes sense. Question is, how can I add a page to the backend CMS after I already implemented the site. I remember an addtosite.php thing, but couldn't find the instructions on the forum.

Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...