close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Undefined variable: ATC_itemQuantity

Thread began 8/19/2011 8:45 am by Base5 Designs | Last modified 8/30/2011 8:01 am by Base5 Designs | 3374 views | 5 replies

Base5 Designs

Thanks Jason that explains things nicely.

I've created a new unfiltered recordset (rs_cartdata) for the cart, and the product is adding to the cart correctly now but with a new problem.

whatever quantity is added when i go to the cart view the quantity is double.

i have worked out that this is being caused by, the banner that loads in (which also has an ecart add to button on it.

the banner like the list page is a standalone page that gets loaded in dynamically using the webassist framework.

i figure its adding it twice because the code is on the page twice once in the banner and once on the list page, later i plan to have widgets where a product can also be added which will add yet another set add to cart button code.

whats the best way forward in this scenario?

1) creating the add to cart and then renaming each one to a different value so on the index page it would be eCart1_1_....
on the banner page eCart1_2....
on the widget eCart1_3....

that i figure will work but i think i would also need different recordsets for the different cart instances rs_cartdata1, rs_cartdata2 etc

this seems very code heavy and difficult to keep track of having so many recordsets that are basicallyt the same.

2) is it possible to have all the code on the main index framework page and then just the add to cart forms on the plugin pages?
if so whats the best way about doing this or do you perhaps have another idea that would work?

thanks for your time once again.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...