close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

setting up failed...

Thread began 7/19/2011 8:41 am by edrosenthal350859 | Last modified 7/22/2011 8:48 am by edrosenthal350859 | 2380 views | 7 replies

edrosenthal350859

local host instead of remote host

ok now that i have one builder install under the belt, one in which it basically was a manual install and got at least the client pages under cms and editable, now i want to test it on my own remote server and started the process by creating an accessible database to test with.
Even this test is not a pure one though, since previously i had installed the wa cms on the remote server and there are some files there, although i believe it is version 1 files.
anyway i started up builder and it wants to install on the localhost, the same thing as it did before - when i failed to notice that issue. so i have to install on the local host and then
put the files on the remote server, unless there is some dw management of the site that i should be doing beforehand? such as removing the testing server from the picture?

further on... i uploaded various directories and after doing that did not have to go through another install, and the original content that was placed under cms was available on the remote host. so apparently the builder accesses the remote database, placed the content there, and after putting the files all is ready for a user to edit the pages that have been put under the cms...
the directories that i needed to upload were
webassist
CSSMenuWriter
WA_CMS
WA_Globals
cms
admin_cms
Connections
Templates
and css

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...