close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

PowerGallery loads as it pleases in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE9 and Droid Browser

Thread began 7/01/2011 10:24 am by jean418885 | Last modified 8/24/2011 7:20 am by jean418885 | 1774 views | 4 replies

jean418885

PowerGallery loads as it pleases in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE9 and Droid Browser

Hello All

I am puzzled by a loading issue with my powergallery pages.

In Firefox, the slideshow randomly appears either 1) as intended or 2) as a tiny box that shows a few of the navigation thumbnails but the main pictures are cropped out. This also happens in IE9 but it is less often.

In Safari, Chrome and also on Droid phone's web browser, I either 1) see the slideshow as intended or 2) see a long vertical line to the left side of the page (about 2 inches long), but no slideshow at all.

The puzzling part is that when clicking a second time on the menu button with a link to the problematic page, the gallery renders just fine. But this "magic fix" only happens if I click on my own menu buttons, not on the broswer's refresh button. If I click the browser's re-load button, the page shows up with the same problems as described above, but if I click on my navigation menu button, it re-load the page and renders the slideshow just fine.

Can someone please help me!! I need to make sure my powergallery pages load correctly at first attempt.

This problem is happening 100% of my tests for Mac AND PC versions of Safari, Chrome and Firefox, and on PC it happens sometimes in IE9. It is random and I believe this issue started after I upgraded my galleries to the latest version (1.2.2) because of problems with IE9. Basically, the fix worked for all IE browsers but messed up with all other browsers.

All my browsers are upgraded to their newest versions (as of July 1, 2011).

I have already tried the following fixes, but the problem did not go away:

a) Download and used only the latest powergallery, PowerGallery 1.2.2: Complete Files (12.2 Mb)
a) Upgraded the files as in Issue page: "IE 9 and Firefox 4 compatibility"
b) Upgraded the files as in Issue page: "PowerGallery galleries are not displaying correctly on certain pages of a website."

Thank you!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...