close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Dynamic Nested Menu help

Thread began 6/29/2011 6:28 am by Nathan69474 | Last modified 6/30/2011 2:36 pm by Nathan69474 | 2644 views | 7 replies

Nathan69474

Dynamic Nested Menu help

I’m having a problem using the css menu writer, in creating a dynamic nested level 2 menu.
- I’ve created a dynamic level 1 no probs (from table nav1)
- I’ve added a dynamic level 2 menu, but without any filtering (from table nav2)
... all rollovers show all sub-menu links (I expected this to happen - due to no filtering)
- but when I try and use the ‘nesting’ function for the level 2 menu nothing appears in level 2

I have thoroughly read the help notes as well as the forums. Over the years I’ve got a good feel as to how to edit the webassist wizards as well as where to find raw source code to make unusual additional edits; as such I have gone into the menu.php file and tested the recordset (within dreamweaver) by changing the default value, the recordset test does populate correctly.

I’ve attached a screen print of the wizard conf pages
My tables are:
Table 1 nav1: id, text1, link1
Table 2 nav2: id, text1, link1, page1 .... (page1 is the nav1.id ... ie the parent ID)

id is the unique key field in both tables.
- I have tested my example by including a ‘did’ database field ie DynamicmenuID and populating etc
- but still get no 2nd menu, so I don’t think using ‘id’ is an issue

The field ‘page1’ is effectively the parent id
- ie the same id number as the relevant nav1.id .... nav1.id = nav2.page1

The text1 is the navigation Name, link1 is the page to link to.

Both tables also have fields called 'pos' for position 'nl' navlist online 0 or 1, but these field aren't included in getting the basic information to display. Once basic display is working additional filtered will be added by editing the menu.php outside of the wizard.

Thanks
nathan

Attached Files
css-menu-wizard-screen-prints.pdf

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...