close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Removing old UE stuff

Thread began 6/28/2011 11:01 am by julie383376 | Last modified 6/28/2011 1:05 pm by julie383376 | 885 views | 1 replies

julie383376

Removing old UE stuff

I'm using DW CS5

I have a fairly long form that I want to log results for. I am also going to make an administrative back end for reading/deleting/printing results.

I have successfully tested UE4 mail logging with a simple form that had only two fields, and afterwards, I successfully created an administrative back end with Data Assist (YAY ME! YAY Web Assist!)

Now I need to try it with the *real* form, but since I didn't get things right the first (or second, or third, or fourth) attempt, I have a lot of residue on my computer that confuses Dreamweaver (and me), causes errors, displays unexpected information, etc.

I have intimate knowledge with deleting the .dat file in the configuration :) plus I know about recreating the site cache, but obviously there is stuff hidden from me that I don't know about.

So... Now that I want to add this functionality to the real form without it pulling in information from my other attempts, what is the best way to remove all the old UE and DA residue?

Also, would it be best to start with a new database when I try this "for real"?

Last question - if all I want to do is be able to (1) log the emails sent from the form, and (2) have a place where someone can read, sort, and delete the results, is UE4 and a Data Assist Administrative Backend the right direction for me, or is one of WA's other extensions/prepackaged solutions (which I probably already own...) a better choice for someone with limited database experience?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...