close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Access Rules question

Thread began 6/23/2011 12:22 am by jen425288 | Last modified 6/26/2011 11:23 am by jen425288 | 1897 views | 6 replies

jen425288

Hi Lon, good to hear from you again, and once again with an elegant and thoughtful solution.
You're right, I've got this working now and it's almost killed me (well, felt like it at times) so I'm going to launch it and let it be.
If I ever get around to rebuilding this site, your way would be much neater and easier to maintain. Yes, each Committee page is just a list of links to meeting minutes, terms of reference, trial protocols specific to that committee. One problem though is that the Executive Committee has access to all Committee page so their page would be huge. If I get what you're suggesting.
Part of the problem is that this job kept changing and growing, the scope just kept getting bigger. In the beginning, if you can believe it, they were talking about a "Members' Section" and public-access areas. Now, six months later, it has come to this.
I also realise now that SA is not designed for complex systems, just your average admin, power-user and member levels. It's perfect for that. But I was already in and past the point of no return, I just had to make it work.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...