close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

My e commerce web pages are NOT linking to my eCart / WA_eCart files.

Thread began 6/13/2011 4:57 pm by nathan400860 | Last modified 6/14/2011 12:11 pm by nathan400860 | 884 views | 1 replies

nathan400860

My e commerce web pages are NOT linking to my eCart / WA_eCart files.

Hello,

I have really enjoyed the product by web assist the ecart. I have developed a successful e commerce company in my town. The company has had sells and many hits with the help of your product. I unfortunately encountered a problem this week. I went on to my sites files on dreamweaver and I received an error message when I opened up every page where their are products that have the information such as the id the name the path of the thumbnail image and what not. Their was an error on every page that had products on them and lots of information. I was concerned because the company has to be up and running. This is the time of year for sells. Here is what the error message says. By the way this error message comes up when I open up a page in design view on dreamweaver.

Error Message Says: "The definition file for this ecart object was not found. Please ensure that it is in the WA_eCart folder off of the site root."

This is the error message I receive when just opening almost ever page.

Here is another error message I receive when I click on the "ecart object" button in the server behavior tab in dreamweaver.

Error Message:
"While executing timer in WA eCart Object.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occured:
At line 230 of file"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration\Commands \WA eCart Object.js:
document.generalWP.document.obijPerstance.options[OBJECTDEF.Persistance] has no properties"

Then their is one more error message. When I try to edit some of the information in the server behaviors tab in dreamweaver when I goo to the confirm page I get an error when I try to go to this tab in the server behaviors tab. The tabs name is "eCart Local Checkout (rvproductsnow, AuthNet)". When I click on that tab to change some information about me ecart object and how it functions I get this error.

Error Message:
" No cart objects are available for this site. Please make sure you have defined a site and have at least one cart object available. "

That's the errors I receive. I have all of the WA_eCart files on the sites folder still but it seems like the products and the pages on the sites are not linking to the WA_eCart files. I went to the insert button on the top of dreamweaver and then clicked insert on the tab then clicked ecart object to bring up the small panel where it shows my ecart objects and lets me add them. When I looked for the ecart object I had created about a year ago the ecart object was not in the panel. It showed that I did not have an ecart object created. I have all the ecart files that I had created for my products and site still on my dreamweaver files but I can not seem to get into the functions of the ecart to edit information or even add a new product to the site. It just says that I don't have an ecart object created when in fact I do. I am not sure what is happening and if you need more information I would be more than happy to supply you with that information.

Thanks!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...