close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Customising with iRite

Thread began 7/24/2009 4:27 pm by mds119803 | Last modified 7/30/2009 9:25 am by mds119803 | 4954 views | 11 replies

mds119803

Customising with iRite

Hi, I've just set up PowerCMS on one of my sites and want to get my own styles working with it as I'm migrating my client from Contribute and so he is used to that environment. In Contribute I disable all the font choices and make them use my styles (it's for their own good!).

I've read through previous threads and had a look at iRite and want to know if I am right in understanding that I can use iRite to add my user styles to the drop down list to display with the heading tag styles? I've added my style sheet to the WA_iRite contents_insert_ContentValue1.js and contents_update_ContentValue1.js but found that it hasn't added many of my styles. I looked at the thread about this previously where you advise to create an FCK xml file but iRite looks like an easy way to achieve that AND would be worth buying if it also answers my second query :: I also want to change all the icons that are currently displayed by default in the PowerCMS editor. For instance, I would prefer to remove the font colour choices so that they only use the styles available (as per above) and what is inhererited from the page (which works ok). I've viewed the demo and it says you can customise that for your forms - can I presume you can do it for the PowerCMS also? Will it be easy to do, ie use iRite with PowerCMS?

Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...