close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

help with ecart

Thread began 6/02/2011 6:33 am by mitcho27385305 | Last modified 6/06/2011 11:54 am by mitcho27385305 | 1124 views | 3 replies

mitcho27385305

stop shipping cost showing

Thank you so much for your quick reply

In answer to your response:

1 the dynamic bindings i'm using is a recordset that I use in dreamweaver. It works on all other pages of my website. The way I added the dynamic content of the width hight and length is. First I go to the display manger page that has the check out button on it. Next I click the check out wizard. Then that takes me through all the steps. When I get to postage I click the dynamic lighting bolt then my recordset shows up . I pick length then width then height. I have even tried to add a recordset to the confim.php page but it won't let me I get a java script error. I think what the problem could be is from the first page (display manager) where I ran the checkout wizard I don't have a specific value in the recordset. But I don't know how to pass the record set values to page to page ?????

2. The unit for the length width and height. I want it in cm not mm. I went to the confirm page, double click the eCart Australia post server behaviour but the options they give you are only to change the weight value (eg. KG g) there is no such option there for changing the cm m or ft.

3. The code you gave me seems to work. But what i really need is to only clear the sessions for the shipping cost on the display manager page even if they didn't proceed to completely purchase the item. As i find customers always proceed to buy a item but don't go through with the full sale. But just do it to see the full shipping cost and totals. What i need is a way so that when the customer lands on the display manger some sort of code clears the old shipping cost from the shipping price column and the total price column. Not after they have completed the full transaction.

I really appreciate your time and effort and look forward to a response

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...