close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Can't Justify Upgrading

Thread began 6/02/2011 10:16 am by jake269602 | Last modified 11/01/2011 10:11 am by jake269602 | 1001 views | 1 replies

jake269602

Can't Justify Upgrading

I'm sure if there's a first-time Security Assist user, the price is in line with what they'd be getting. But as a long-time user, I can't bring myself to pay even the reduced upgrade price ($74.99) for what are only a few additions, especially since I already own most of the extensions from WebAssist that are now bundled into this one and being touted as "new" features.
I already own the Form tools, which gives me the captcha.
I already own multiple copies of the validation tools and cookie toolkit.
So really, the only new features in SA2 are the pre-built forms (which I don't use) and additional password encryption. I would like the additional encryption, but not for $75. For me, the upgrades would be worth $40, tops. Even at that price I'd have to think about it. Bring it down to $25 and I'd buy right away just to stay current.
I'll wait for SA3 to see if it has more features. Based on past performance, Security Assist will probably wind up bundled into some other extension anyway, like Captcha and Cookies Toolkit was into this, Digital File Pro and Univeral E-Mail and HTML editor were into the CSS Form Builder, among others. If I dropped $75 on this today and in 6 months there's an upgrade to another product that incorporates it, I'll feel pretty cheated.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...