Order Number displays as 0 on checkout success page
I had tried that, and unfortunately, still no luck. I also started from scratch (for about the 10th time), and still, after no alterations, couldn't get it to appear.
I ended up creating a workaround -- between insert order summary and insert order details i put a recordset. It takes the top 1 record in the order summary database that matches the SID. It takes this value and passes it to the session variable. Then, every other area that needs that session variable picks it up.
Not sure why it isn't working right away, but at least this fixed the issue for now...