I got it working
I too had a lot of issues with this extension at first, but I got it working pretty much perfectly at this point. Here are some things to watch out for:
- DW site settings are very critical. For some reason this extension is rather picky about some parameters. In my case, URL prefix was blank and that seemed to keep it from even launching. I put a prefix, then made sure local, remote and test server are all pointing to the right place, and it magically worked fine from that point on.
- The extension doesn't create PowerCMS and Connections directory if the site root folder on your machine doesn't have write permission. I used 777 just to make sure everything is writable. I didn't do that at first, so I manually created those folders myself, gave them 777 and it worked fine after that.
- Watch out for Site Sculptor's template tags. For some reason, when I tested it, the top page was detached from the template (most likely because it's different from the rest of the site) and yet Site Sculptor inserted editable regions. I inserted CMS sections fine but when I tried to save it insisted on saving as a template file and that confused me.
FYI, reboot, etc. most likely wouldn't help in this type of issue. plug-ins are pretty isolated from the system itself. I have virtually all WA extensions installed on my copy of DWCS4, and all seem to work fine regardless of many extensions installed. It's the first time I ran into a lot of issues. WA will need to polish this thing more but it really does work once these things are sorted out. At least it did for me. Also give their support a try. They really are genuinely helpful and they will try their best to help you. I know for myself it's still have to be patient with them because I need this fixed *right now* but I still give them credit for good customer support at the end.