I am currently evaluating Powerstore and would like to know about its internals.
Some questions may be basic, while others may be more involved.
Any help would be appreciated.
1. How does Powerstore cope with multiple users accessing the database and ensure database integrity? Does it use transactions, record locking, or no record locking?
2. Is there suitable php exception handling that professionally handles and describes php and mysql errors, and runtime errors, to your average internet user?
e.g., An error message something like:
"Apologies the system is down at the moment. The system administrator has been notified. Please come back later...."
Is the system admin notified if errors occur?
3. Should I install an SSL certificate on our domain prior to running the Powerstore installation?
4. Does Powerstore automatcally detect SSL during the install?
5. If I have not yet installed an SSL certificate:
If powerstore is already installed, does it automatcally detect SSL availability and use it?
4. The final simple question: For the install, should one run index.php in the root directory, or run the index.php in the install directory.