close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Please Explain the Various Form Types, Plus No Validation!

Thread began 9/11/2010 12:32 am by Jim376112 | Last modified 9/30/2010 6:38 pm by Jim376112 | 1447 views | 13 replies

Jim376112

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the info - that answered several questions but I've made another pass and have some follow ons:

- In the Editor, I'm confused about the Line "construct". In my test I select a Contact (Simple) form (Cool) and add a 2nd Text Field to Line 1, Set 1. As I understand, all Fields in a Set share the same Validation. Then, I add a 2nd Set *under Line 1* and select Text for the default Field that is added. All three of these Fields are set X-Small and they are *all under Line 1*. There is plenty of space to put all three on the same line but the Preview (and Form itself) show the Field of the 2nd Set *underneath* the two fields of the 1st Set. That is, it's on a 2nd Line. Since there is room, why is this not on the 1st Line? (See attached image.)

Also, I have a few more specific questions about the Fields. All of the following are for a Contact (Simple) form (Cool) form:

- Checkbox Group & Checkbox - In a new Set I 1st added a Field as a Checkbox Group with Validation of 2 to 3. Then I added four more Fields, all of which were Checkboxes with Validation. I had several problems:
* All four Checkbox labels were grouped together off to the left along with the Groupbox label. How do I get each Label next/above each Checkbox?
* I had no validation at all. The other Simple Contact fields (Name, email, ...) had successful Validation but with all four Checkboxes unchecked, I had no error message. Did I not construct this group correctly?
* Also, on a single Checkbox, what does Validation do since, again either state of checked or not is valid?

- CVV - This does validate for a maximum of four characters but it allows "aaaa" rather than forcing digits (which is what a CVV must be).

- Menu & List - Both have Validation with "Not Blank" and "Invalid value". What are these selections for? In the case of "Not Blank", I don't see how the Field could not have a Value and since any value selected comes from the list, how can there be an Invalid value?

- Radio Group - I had the same problem with labels here as I described with the Checkbox above but even more importantly, I don't see how to create the individual Radio Buttons (vs. Checkboxes).

Finally, I am a bit confused about Fieldsets, Groups and Elements. As an example, I'd like to use the Contact (Simple) form but I'd like a (Country) Menu Field after Email and before Comment. I see that I can select Group 1 and Add a new Group 2, select Lists and pick a Category of Country. But, that puts the Country Menu after Comment. On the other hand, I can Edit Group 1 and add a new Element in between Email and Comment and set its Type to Menu but there is no way to set a Category of Country so I get an empty list. Am I missing something; do I have the wrong approach?

Thank you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...