All is well and thank you
Thanks, Jimmy. I tried your suggestion but that had no impact.
The good news is that I figured out another way around which is to essentailly recreate the pages as they are situated in the new directory structure.
The code that is generated by the edit content function in the admin tool -- that gets pasted into the <body> of the page -- was made anew and put in place. This code includes the correct include path string to find the page within my new directory structure.
Anyway, thanks again for your looking at this. BTW, the site seems to be functioning at 100% since my move.
If I were to recreate the site anew -- how does my existing content get moved over. I'll leave that for another day.