went back to basics listed below is exactly what I did step by step. End product is teh image is uploaded but the database is not updated.
I've clearly missed a step
would appreciate an assist
installed virgin database and core files.
Opened up page
exclamtion on Universal email [prior version]
Selected update Record (users) in the server behaviours field
Update record window opened normaly
Canceled out of that window.
Double clicked on the Universal email server behaviour
Create emial message opened.
exclamtion mark against Universal email dissapears.
Double clicked on uPdate record server behaviour
That opened the update record wizard normally.
Went into the database using phpmyadmin
added a field:
Character set: latin1
Saved and closed
went back to Dreamweaver and double clicked update record
Update record wizard opened OK
Added a row to the table.
Went to the form menu and added a file upload field with an id of UserImage1
Selected insert...webassist.....file manipulation---upload
trigger: any form post
file field: UserImage1
on next page:
for the upload folder I used the browse icon to select images/
the rest I left at the defaults.
Selected server behaviours update record
pressed next to go to next screen
SElected The colum named: userimage
pressed the lightning bolt to set value
was unable to see WA upload file but did find " upload files (UserImage1)
Opened this and found Server File Name- slected this and selected OK and finish
saved the file users_profile.php
opened in my local host
registered - data is written into the users table
then logged in to the users_Profile.php
used the browse button to select an image jpeg 70kb in size
pressed the update button
progress bar goes accross.
In the specified images folder is the image
but if I open the users table in phpmyadmin the userimage column is empty ie no path to the file.