close ad
WARNING PC USERS: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

How to change time from 5 to 17:00

Thread began 6/01/2010 1:56 pm by tone397472 | Last modified 6/05/2010 4:21 am by tone397472 | 1538 views | 11 replies

tone397472

Found it my self! Instructions not accurate.

Originally Said By: Jimmy Wu:
  Also, changing the date format isn't actually a supported functionality, so I'm actually giving you additional instruction outside of what is required.  

Are you for real? You must be kidding me! Your company sells an extension with the name Universal Email on-line to anybody in the world who wants to buy it and then it's not a legitimate question to ask how to set the date and time in a format used by the rest of the world?! Maybe it's an idea to put a banner on WA web site: Support Only For US Costumers!
It's the most intelligent business policy I have ever encountered against foreign costumers, or is this just your personal opinion!?

This is what is put on the website now about your support:

Originally Said By: WebAssist web site:
  WebAssist also offers free technical support for our products via our Support Forum Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm PST (except major U.S. holidays). If you cannot find an answer in our documentation, please use your WebAssist account to log into the forum and receive support.  

Starting to have my doubts about your knowledge Jimmy, because the instructions you are giving me all week make no sense at all!
I did study the problem this morning (I only study php for 1 week now!!!) and looked at all the scrips and found that the changes had to be made in an other script as well the Center.php: and not in mail_php.php . (Your suggestion!)
There are 2 lines of code that need to be changed!***1, ***2

***1: Center.php
<?php echo date("g:i A T, $now); this is the part that is producing the American time!
g=12 hours changed that in G=24 hours
i=minutes so that's ok
A=AM PM that has to go
T=Time zone has to go as well

<?php echo date("G:i , $now);

***2:
Then in the Center.php script is the first code (echo date) for the first date/time (in this case the date) notation as well and has to be changed:
<?php echo date ("d-m-Y", $now

THIS IS YOUR SUGGESTION ABOUT THE CODE: Only for mail_php.php
Try this instead:
$mailHeader .= "Date: ". date('d-m-Y H:i:s').$lineEnd; In mail_php.php

THIS IS HOW IT HAS TE BE:
$mailHeader .="Date: ". date('r(T)').$lineEnd; In mail_php.php Don't change anything in this script!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
05-06-2010 | 10:13 <<<<<<<========THE RESULT!!!!! How most of the people in the world want to read a date and time on a Email! Tonight when a mail is send you will see 22:13 because of the G(=24 hours) in the code.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't understand why you have this narrow minded approach against your foreign costumers.

Unfortunately this has cost me almost one week to solve! But to end a bit positive I will make a clear PDF about this subject and post it on the forum when I have the time.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...