UTF-8 in PowerGallery for different languages
power gallery seems to be no exception to this: Naming your pictures with "foreign" characters simply does not work as it should.
Although the php pages used in this collection are UTF-8 encoded, something seems wrong in the databes connections or collation. See below.
Power Gallery InstallationWizard shows:
* php5.3.2 is installed (screenshot363)
* GD Image Library [2.0]
* SimpleXML is installed
* Files and directories can be created
* btw: MySQL 5.1.41 is used
First thing which seemed unusual was the collation.
Checking the database tables with phpmyadmin shows collation latin1_bin. (screenshot357)
Then, go to admin and try naming your pictures. Like on the screenshots.
giving a title like
* "mon petit chien garçon" is changed to "mon petit chien gar?on"
* "señora" is changed to "se?ora" (screenshot 368),
* "große Liebe" turns to "gro� Liebe".
Any idea how to solve this?