Local directory glitches with WebAssist
My first experience with WebAssist. I am using its latest version, Dreamweaver CS3, IE8 as preview browser on an existing directory set up with php/SQL enabled as it was intended for using WordPress. I am working WebAssist project at local directory level, nothing uploaded to the remote one yet. I now intent to build a HTML site with using some of WP features ie BLOG and CONTACT integrated to the HTML site, once HTML site is up and running. So I have put all of WordPress in a folder named [blog] so not to interfere with my WebAssist site. Here is what's happening on my local directory;
-WebAssist files are saved with .php extentions not the .html ones I expect.
-I have manually changed all extentions from .php ones to .html ones, but they revert to .php extentions once I go back to WebAssist and edit the site.
-I have tried also with disabling "use of php/SQL" on my site definition.
-I have tried to put all WebAssist files in my existing [public_html] folder.
-When wanting to preview the index page or any page locally using Browser, page is not found by the browser and Dreamweaver keeps on wanting to connect to my remote server.
As you can see I tried numerous setups, one at a time or all together, but did not find one combination of things that work, so I am lost in space.
What I want is to use WebAssist to build this existing site based on .html and still have WordPress installed on my server but use WP only for my blog and contact features. Eventually I will migrate all the WebAssist pages to WordPress, on my spare time. I will continue developing/tweaking the website without using WebAssist once I have reached the maximum I can with the plugin help.
So I am confused and I need your guidance please.