close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Display "ItemCatName", not "ItemCatID"

Thread began 4/20/2010 2:45 am by jshafor | Last modified 4/26/2010 11:22 am by jshafor | 1111 views | 8 replies


No results

Jason - thanks for the chunk of code. I'm no expert - in fact hardly a novice with PHP; however that chunk of code did nothing. I changed the code to reflect the proper tables (item / itemcategory) with zero results.

Also, there are not any lines on the pages that have the WHERE command. Here's what the Data Assist produced:

<?php do { ?>
<tr class="<?php echo $WARRT_AltClass1->getClass(true); ?>">
<td class="WADAResultsTableCell"><a href="item_Detail.php?ItemID=<?php echo(rawurlencode($row_WADAitem['ItemID'])); ?>" ><?php echo($row_WADAitem['ItemThumb']); ?></a></td>
<td class="WADAResultsTableCell"><?php echo($row_WADAitem['ItemName']); ?></td>
<td class="WADAResultsTableCell"><?php echo($row_WADAitem['ItemSKU']); ?></td>
<td class="WADAResultsTableCell"><?php echo($row_WADAitem['ItemCatID']); ?></td>
<td class="WADAResultsTableCell"><?php echo($row_WADAitem['ItemShortDesc']); ?></td>
<td class="WADAResultsTableCell"><?php echo($row_WADAitem['ItemPrice']); ?></td>
<td class="WADAResultsEditButtons" nowrap="nowrap"><table class="WADAEditButton_Table">

It displays the itemcategory.itemCatID in the browswer; not the itemcategory.itemCatName.

I could not get anything to display with the code you sent - I must be missing something in the code. I swapped the following code:

Took out:
<?php echo($row_WADAitem['ItemCatID']); ?> (from the code listed above)

Put in:
<?php SELECT item.*, itemcategory.ItemCatName
FROM item
INNER JOIN itemcategory
ON item.ItemCatID = itemcategory.ItemCatID; ?>

Am I missing something? Do I have to somehow echo the result?

IS IT POSSIBLE I've done something wrong in the Wizard when choosing "Menu" for this field? I've struggled for an extremely long time with this and can't find hardly anything regarding it in the forum; which makes me think NO ONE else has had this problem.

I have to imagine that pulling information from another table based on storing and "ID" is pretty standard with Data Assist as it's a result of database normalization, with that being the case I'm wondering if I'm messed up from the start. - just a thought.

Thanks Jason!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question





Ease of use


security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...