thanks for your help guys, what i did that seemed to work as i did not want to lose my other extensions i had purchased from other sites:
i copied the config file to another location on my pc. i then deleted the config file and open up dreamweaver this created a new config file. i then came out of DW and renamed the new config file to _new
then copied my old one back in where it was. opened up the new created config file which hardly had any contents in it. copied the new contents and placed into my old config file. overwritting the old files with the new ones but keeping my extensions and this resolved it.
might be worth noting in case someone else gets that.
also just to let you know i did uninstall first and do a fresh install but still got the error.