Quickly, I added the die() code where you indicated and it generated the following:
UPDATE `hb_inventory` SET `id_inventory` = NULL, `title` = 'aaaaa', `authorFirstName` = 'aaaaa', `authorLastName` = 'aaaaa', `category` = 'Hunting & Fishing', `description` = 'aaaaa', `price` = 454564, `imgFile` = 'catpopsicle.jpg', `featured` = 'Y', `itemWeight` = 20 WHERE `id_inventory` IS NULL
great script btw,
Clearly the update SB is triggered, but not all necessary database columns are being set - the id_inventory is NULL which is my primary key. I have my id_inventory primary key column form element set to hidden when the form was created in DataAssist Wizard, and I have a feeling that could be part of the problem.
I already reset the trigger to "button: pressed" as you noted, but the problem persists.
I am going to start from scratch so I have clean code and completely rebuild the form with all your advice/tips. I will post back later today or early tommorow with my results/findings.