eCart Checkout Process?
I'm currently using 4.5 and I'm wondering what checkout steps are being used. What is the standard checkout steps that WA recommends?
This is how my checkout goes...
1. Click on Checkout button from page
2. Automatically links to login page
3. Once logged in, it gets shipping and billing and if the user exists, it forces them to choose a different username
4. View final order
5. Place order (credit card info sent)
6. Thank You page.
After looking at some WA Demo videos, it looks like WA is doing it like the following: (incomplete)
1. Click on Checkout button from page (same as mine)
2. Login page Contains both Credit Card and Login information.
3. If successful, it stores a url variable and goes to the checkout page?
4.??? Where next?
This is where it gets confusing because I don't understand where it goes next. I also don't understand where the customer registers for the first time.
The Wizard in ver 4.5 goes directly from the Click Checkout Button to the register page but there's no login part of the wizard. It creates the Shipping and the confirms that the shipping and credit card processing worked. It seems that the Wizard skips a few steps.
I guess I'm wondering what process would work best with WebAssist 4.52 (ASP)?
Is the VB Script-ASP version different in this respect? In other words, does the PHP version have more steps?
Finally, does ver 5 have any more functionality for ASP; does it even work with ASP?