hey, that's good to know!
Actually, though, I should mention that as I worked out in this thread showthread.php?t=9690 I had originally replaced the ' in the category name with ´ already, (and later to &# 8217; ) because using just an ' stopped the PHP from working and I was unable to edit or even delete the category from the Admin and had to rename it through phpMyAdmin.
And then, shortly afterwards I made the same change to ´ in the product names as a precaution...
and when I placed an order I then discovered the Authorize issue... so I OMG and "fixed" it by changing all the product names to "xxx by Dr. Harvey" as opposed to "Dr. Harvey´s xxx".
I wonder how that would affect your new code, though... as the str_replace would be telling it to see the acute code, but Authorize apparently doesn't like the acute code as that's what was in there...
I should have been more detailed in what I'd said in the above post... apologies for that.