DataAssist & Search functionality
Ok i got a public page that i have created using DataAssist and Public template with single record per row usage. I also checked search on page.
Everything created fine.
In my search box i got 2 search paramets.
Now i run into this problem probably easy to resolve. This page has to be filtered to produce specific records using $_GET requests.
im geting to this page by a URL like results.php?subCat=x where x is a number.
That is why i filtered the recordset generated by DataAssist with a WHERE clause and a parameter in order to filter by the subCat value.
Everything ok till i press the search button... It passes to the recordset only the 2 values from the search and cause i got my own WHERE clause in the primary recordset and no subCat value is passed i dont see anything in page.
I tried adding to append to the form code action="results.php?subCat=<?php $_GET['subCat'] so it keeps from primary link the subCat thing and repost it on submit of form (search button) but it doesnt append the subCat=x just goes to results.php and appends the filters of the search box (the 2 ones refered above).
I also tried inserting a 3rd HIDDEN parameter in the search box by using the server behavior, gave it to take that $_GET thing from above so it filters my recordset and submit form correctly.
if i do that i need to take out my filter from the where clause but then...at the begining wihtout pressing the search button all records will be shown and i want them filtered from start. Just want to add 2 more search choices availalbe to public and ofc always filterd by what id i pass it.
I can not make it work correctly.
Need some help/propositions here.