I did what you suggested and added that additional line of code into both the Insert and Update Page, and guess what it worked.
While I have been waiting for this response, I did another test of this where I added an additional field into the link table called 'ShirtNo'
What I eventually want to do is when a Player registers and selects the teams that they will be playing in, they will enter what their shirt number is for that team.
E.g. Bob in Team A will have Shirt No 33 and in Team B will have Shirt No 27
So My link table should show something like
pkRepPlayerID - fkPlayerID - fkTeamID - ShirtNo
1 - 1 - 15 - 33
2 - 1 - 16 - 27
When I went through the steps I added a text box for ShirtNo into the RepeatRegion table and when I went through the MRT wizzard, in the last step I allocated the value of the text box into the ShirtNo table field.
When I tested this (which was prior to your response) I would get the entry into the link table for the last team id ok but I would get a null value for the ShirtNo field.
I then reran the MRT wizzard, but noticed that after the MRT has been applied I noticed that the binding for the ShirtNo field was now blank and I could not seem to find a value from the Lightning bolt to bind to it.
If from your last posting telling me to add a extra line of code into the Insert / Update Page (which has fixed the issue of selecting multiple items for Insert & Update) it seems to me that there seems to be some issues with the way the MRT process writes it's code. Coupled with the fact that I cant seem to be able to also add additional data into the linked table (which from reading previous posts in this forum) you should be able to do so.
I am running the latest version of DataAssist (2.0.6) which was installed into Dreamweaver CS4 on a clean build on WIndows 7 (ie no previous version was installed prior) so that rules out any extension upgrade hangovers
So is this a bug. Will it be fixed in later dot releases of DA?
When you have spent a lot of money (I purchased the SuperSuite) and find that in order to run a standard extension which doesnt seem to work properly (ie not inserting code) that it should, and you have to get lines of code from your company (which I do appreciate the support process) to make these things do what they should. Means that to use a set of tools that should make the development cycle reasonable quick especially for people just starting in this game and then we have to remember to add a line of code that doesnt get inserted into future implementations, seems to defeat the purpose of using these tools in the first place.
To be fair, I have not tried to this run this MRT before so I cannot say for certan if this incident is because this line of code isnt part of the wizzard creation process or wether it is a weird Dreamweaver having glyches running extensions thing. (ie On my previous platform, that was 32bit Vista 4 GB Ram I had a huge number of failings trying to run through the Site Assist Pro wizzard for example, where screens would lock up all the time, now that I am on this new platform with 8 GB ram 64bit I seemed to now have less of these issues, although not fully tested running Site Assist yet.)
But now that I have got the insert / update part working, I will now recompile a fresh page and start this MRT process again, this time trying to get the additional fields (shirtNo) to add. If I am unable to do so Ill attach the new .php pages for you to look at.