close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Calculating Pricing with Option Add-Ons

Thread began 12/04/2009 7:09 am by mrobben375515 | Last modified 2/16/2010 6:01 pm by mrobben375515 | 1630 views | 13 replies

Eric Mittman

Ok, I understand just what you are saying, and this is exactly how PowerStore works. I will give an example for this.

I have shirtX, first I add this item in the admin back end. Once it has been added I will then add options. The first set of options that I would like to add is size. I create this option, then I create values.

Next I create the color option, then add choices for this. Once that is done I go to manage options, in here I select all of the available sizes for the colors and add them to the Available Online column.

Once they are all available next you update the product again. Now you will select your first size and color combination that will have a price that is different than the default price you set for the item. For example I will make it so if you select small, then the color blue the price of the item should be 12.88 instead of 10. With the size selected as small, and the color selected as blue I just go down to the price field and set it to 12.88, I also make sure to add the inventory amount or click the checkbox for unlimited inventory.

Once you do this you can go to the front end, select that item and view it's details. By default the item is 10, but if I select a size of small, then select blue as the color the price is updated to 12.88.

So from the perspective of the admin and the user on the front end there is only a single product with multiple product options. Any combination of the options can alter the price of the item.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...