First Impressions/Issues Theme-It
Thanks for the trial. I am new to Theme-It. Here are my comments / issues so far...
- I viewed the online manual/help pages, which gave me an overview but I though sparse in detail. I got a 404 when using the back/forward arrows. (maybe it's not all written yet?)
- As I tend to use SSI alot I loaded one up (.shtml extensions). My <HEAD> tag includes a SSI call to common scripts and style sheets. So Theme-It never picked that up and so was un-usable. I guess it doesn't work with Server Side Includes (even though Dreamweaver does)
- Once I'd loaded a normal HTML page with a <LINK> call to style sheet I could see the Theme-it interface better and it started working/listing colours)
- The color suggestion "form" input box is too small to read the #color number in full.
- Choosing the color swatch bow (left of form field) I got the ALERT "Please specify a base color" TWICE after clicking OK. I don't think I should have an alert at all as I was selecting a color.
- Worse still. I noticed if you don't select a color and the text cursor is in the color field then it's a loop ALERT and even clicking cancel to get out of Theme-it causes the same alert. So I cannot continue until a base #color is reported in the color field. This happens on a my SSI .shtml files (not a HTML file with LINK styles sheet).
- I am finding all the scroll bars in Theme-it unresponsive, slow and jerky
... still testing it