Ok... so the footer issue can be rectified right in the admin area... I didn't see it at first, but it is part of the editable content.
At first, the links have paths like this: "../privacy_policy.php".
So, I just made the links relative by removing the folder up command.
It looks as if the the same link paths were used for both the "front-end" and the "admin" sections. For the admin section, this path will actually be accurate.
But for the front end footer, WebAssist needs to adjust the install package to make the front-end footer links relative to the main folder that the PowerStore resides in.