I'm not sure why the profile does not seem to be updating. I noticed that the redirect page you have in the update server behavior goes back to this same page. You should try updating this value to see if you can get to another page while testing.
To help determine what is going wrong with the SQL I have added a die statement that will print out the SQL for the update. When you load this version of the page and test it you should see the update statement that is used in the sql. This should give you a better idea about what the problem is. If you have any problems determining what is going on please post back and let us know the result you got in the sql.