Any progress on this problem? I encountered it trying to apply an editor to a dynamically named textarea and following the directions above did not resolve it.
I was also baffled that it wanted to name the element bio_php_echo_1 but the drop down also offered bio_<php echo $cnt1; ?>
I would humbly suggest that if all editing of the toolbar and styles is done by presets, that there be an option for site wide rather than DW wide presets. Anytime I apply a css file and styles, it will probably be just for that site and I don't want a ton of presets to accumulate, but I don't want to delete the site's presets either.
I am hopeful, but I am still struggling with this to the point it is easier to apply ckeditor myself than to use the extension.
Meanwhile, I have cleaned everything I did out and removed the generated presets and will try again tomorrow. The only variation on what I did was I customized the toolbar and did not create the preset at all. When I got the error, I came back and followed this procedure to generate a preset, but the error was still there. It might have been a caching error or because of my initial edit.