View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Problem inserting record....no errors given

Thread began 11/24/2009 9:48 pm by jc1cell390254 | Last modified 12/01/2009 12:50 pm by jc1cell390254 | 1107 views | 8 replies

jc1cell390254

So embarrassed to be here for this again...

So I finally finished my final form and it looks great, the dynamic dropdowns work awesome. Now I decide to test the functionality; you know, see if it adds the record. At first it failed and I thought it happened because I didn't log in setting the session Id that's needed to identify the client.

So now I go and start the registration process since I removed the database and replaced with a slightly altered one (this erased all the records in the specific tables). But now the registration form doesn't work. It gives me the same error I was getting originally when I was doing it with FB.

  Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`zonapromo/Clients`, CONSTRAINT `fk_Clients_country_t1` FOREIGN KEY (`country_t_country_id`) REFERENCES `country_t` (`country_id`) ON DELETE NO ACTION ON UPDATE NO ACTION)  

I then proceeded to redo the registration form and still no dice. I tested the table by inserting the record via phpmyadmin and that worked. So I figure I can test the projects form with that record. So I log in...that worked great and then I fill in my info for the project... everything looking good, so I send. I get the same problem jason solved for me initially. Si come here and look for the solution he gave and re-apply it (it was still set the way I had it to begin with, but for reassurance, you know?) but that didn't do the trick for me.

So, to summarize, the registration form does not register :confused: (pun intended) and the new project form once again stays in limbo. I'm not sure if all that turkey stuffing filled my brain with dumbitis, but I'm hoping the files I have uploaded will give you some insight on where I'm going wrong. I even included the .sql file I'm using for the database in case it helps.

I know these things can get confused sometimes with changes, but I don't get how a simple changes to the table (All I did was remove the location column in the client table and replaced it with the country Id foreign key) would cause it to stop working like this, I did rebuild it. Hoping you will shed some light on the matter.

jc

Attached Files
files1.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...