This is the reason I originally started the knowledgebase. I found myself collecting bits and pieces of the puzzle from people that had gone down the road before. It became difficult to keep track of them, so I moved them into a database. After awhile I saw a need for this information to be publicly available so I opened it up to anyone that wanted to use it.
One of the big advantages is that I can correct and update information very rapidly. It seems to take a very long time for even the most glaring errors to be corrected in the WA documentation, and unfortunately it is difficult to tell when it has changed.
I pointed this out for years until I took the same tack as you. I encourage everyone to add to the collection of solutions as you and many others have. I also encourage WA to use anything in the knowledgebase to improve their documentation. We are all in this together. :)