eCart 5 in the Works
We are getting close to wrapping up engineering for eCart 5. We will move into quality assurance and documentation in a week or two and will provide you a beta once we have a relatively stable build. Any testing or feedback you can give on the beta would be greatly appreciated! We will likely launch the upgrade in January.
eCart 5 will be PHP-only. There is no ColdFusion or ASP support.
Main features include:
- Color management added to Display Manager (similar UI to CSS Sculptor color management interface)
- Created better handling of image type columns in the Display Manager
- Added ability to group cart columns straight from the Display Manager
- Added 3 extra default designs
- Added eCart to the Preset Manager list, meaning you can import/export your Display Manager designs.
- Major overhaul to Checkout Wizard interface to simplify workflow
- Checkout Wizard updated to allow user to create a set of checkout pages but not require a payment provider. (for payment processing via phone)
- Added full support of PayPal Canada
- Decoupled server behaviors so that user can create Add to Cart, Clear cart, Continue Shopping, Update Cart and Checkout server-side functionality, but apply the server behaviors using the available WebAssist exposed triggers, as well as any custom triggers.
Please remember this is not public information to disseminate. Stay tuned for the beta!