close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Advice on PayPal payment processing

Thread began 3/05/2014 11:47 am by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 3/17/2014 12:17 pm by Nathon Jones Web Design | 1186 views | 13 replies

Nathon Jones Web Design

On our basket (cart) page, http://www.ledwarehouseuk.com/shopping-basket.php, do we simply run the eCart Checkout Wizard to integrate with PayPal Payments Pro?

Would you mind running me through the process from having the basket page in place to integrating PayPal Payments Pro and saving the order to database?

1) Settings
Can you clarify what the Checkout page and Order confirmation pages are, or should be?
Not understanding the difference between PayPal Payments Pro and PayPal Express Checkout. Why does there need to be two Order confirmation pages?

2) Payments
If I select the "I will rely on my payment provider..." option, which I assume I have to if I'm using PayPal Payments Pro, I'm given the choice of either Express Checkout or Payflow Link. Which do I need?

I have API credentials for the Sandbox which I assume is best to use initially until all testing is complete?

3) Shipping
How will the system gather the delivery address for the order and, subsequently, apply the correct shipping fee? Base rate or Per item rate don't really apply because these will be different for each country. Do we need to database drive this? Would appreciate your advice as I have always really struggled with the complexity of shipping calculations.

4) Tax
n/a

5) Orders
Is there a sample database I could use as a template? I can't find this on the website but I do remember seeing it somewhere at some stage.

6) Email
Do we get any formatting control over this, a la Universal Email? We'd like to send a branded confirmation if possible.

7) Form Design
Like other CSS styling, if we make changes then we'd have to copy the stylesheet and reference it AFTER the initial stylesheet reference in order that it wouldn't overwrite any changes we make should we need to re-run the wizard?

Really appreciate the help Jason. Once I've got the process, I'll have it sussed but initially I'd appreciate your direct guidance on it so that I can fully understand each process.

Thank you.
NJ

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...