Ball park response to Private Water Company Website
I did one similar 8 or 9 years ago.
Note that you will probably need a "Water Quality" page also because most water companies are required to post yearly water quality reports publicly.
I did a quick run through so you would know what to expect.
I used the "Web Design Pricing Calculator" at DesignQuote.net :
1 Custom Site with custom template
2. 9 Pages with 1 custom graphic (header) for each page
3. Integration of a few photographs supplied by the Water Company.
4. Member registration
5. Database shopping cart Doesn't include integration of their billing software system to the database)
6. Credit card processing
7. PayPal processing
1. flash animation
2. CMS (Content Management System) although they should have one instead of paying a designer for the occasional small changes such as "Water Company Board Members.
3. Database integration into their business software system. Without it they would have to manually input every customer's monthily billing information. THey will also need input from the database to keep track of customer payments or have to manually enter that.
As is the project stands at:
$5,984 - $8,096
$2,992 - $4,048
Student and Offshore - (This scope of this project is probably outside the capabilities of this level provider)
$1,300 - $1,840
Hope that helps