Prices displayed in different currencies
During development the client requested the following system for the site.
Product prices are to be shown in sterling or euros and have separate columns in the database. The product and detail pages have show regions with if/else statements controlling what prices are displayed depending on the users country at login.
The sterling prices (if) are shown if the users country is UK and euro prices (else) are shown if the users country is not UK. All UK customers pay through the site using Worldpay and all non-UK customers are not shown an add to cart button and are instructed to order and pay by phone.
This system is working well on the live site but the client has now asked for separate prices for USA, Japan and Russia and these customers will also be instructed to order and pay by phone. Adding the new database columns and all the extra backend stuff is easily achieved although time consuming.
The setting up of the new show regions for the different prices on the Product Results and Product Detail pages is more complex and I dont think can be done with if/else statements. Am I correct in setting it out this way or is there an alternative/better option.
1. UK Sterling prices show region - if statement - equals country UK
2. USA dollar show region - if statement - equals country USA
3. Japanese Yen show region - if statement - equals country Japan
4. Russian Ruble show region - if statement - equals country Russia
5. All other countries will show Euro - if statement - not equals countries UK, USA, Japan and Russia.