Received call from Ray
I appreciate the personal call, Ray. It says a lot about a person and company to take on a client who is obviously rather irate. Taking time out of your day to attempt to address my issues really made a reassuring impact on me - as a customer.
Reflecting on our conversation, I believe your professional, but both politely understanding and excitement and enthusiasm for the products you create really took a lot of the bite out of my anger.
I am taking you up on purchasing the "bundled" extensions for the test run you mentioned before I decide if the updates justify keeping the purchases, but, if you look at my purchase history, you will see I have yet to return an extension I didn't just turn around and purchase again (once).
Your explaining the move to the bundle approach actually makes a lot more sense than I thought. I store my activation codes in an Excel spreadsheet and I have had to make notes in the document of which extensions to install before installing others so they would work together (CSS Form Designer & HTML Editor 3 for example).
I also took a few minutes to review the rest of the site and it seems you are still selling some of the extension individually. Will these extensions receive updates and upgrades, or just service-pack/hot fixes?
I had just a few more questions if you have a few minutes to respond...
1) (QUESTION) Which extensions still support ASP and not just PHP?
2) (COMMENT) I noticed you mentioned that the Date Picker supports jQuery themeroller, you should consider expanding that to having all elements support jQuery themeroller.
3) (COMMENT) You have integrated SPRY inito a lot of your pieces, you should consider moving those components to jQuery - which seems to be in use more widespread than SPRY.
4) (QUESTION) Now having Design Extender and Data Bridge and a copy of eCart, which of your extensions do I have (owning them all) which are not installed between these three?
5) (COMMENT) Could you have someone generate a graph showing the technologies used/supported by each extension and which extension interact or potentially interact between each other? For example,
Cookies Toolkit 3 Y Y N Y N N Y
FormBuilder 2 Y Y Y Y N N Y
etc. x x x x x x x
Reading through the details section tells what is included, but hard to determine which is required or other extensions are used to perform/include certain functionalities...
Uses Universal E-mail to generate emails
Uses Universal E-mail (File functionality) to accept uploads
Uses Universal E-mail (File functionality) to provide downloads
Uses Security Assist for encryption functions
Uses Security Assist to maintain registrations, logins and encryption methods
Those are just a few comments and questions I had after the talk. Once again, I really do appreciate the personal call and appreciate the understanding and taking the time to provide me witch your reasons for the changes.
I look forward to my evaluation and will comment on my experience. My past relationship with your company has always been one where I could count on quality product and decent support with the few questions I have had in the past. I am hoping this experience removes the bad taste in my mouth.