In my mind, I think that you need to review your upgrade strategy in future. I simply cannot understand anyone that upgrades the moment that Adobe announce a new version, especially if they rely on extensions that they purchased to work with a previous version. I certainly would not upgrade mid-project with a customer waiting!
I've got CS6 on a test machine, but not a cats chance in hell I would risk my business by putting it on my main machine for another six months when the storm clouds settle.
By all means go back to CS4 and use your either your WA extensions or ADDT but I don't understand going back to a platform (ADDT) that doesn't work properly in recent versions of PHP.
Just my thoughts like!