Thanks Chris! I really do appreciate what you have had to say, you have definitely not insulted my intelligence.
We all take an approach at life and in my case, all things technical and programming, based on our experiences. I have many years of experience, heck I have even been a Senior Software Engineer for Intel. So I really have a very broad, very technical background. On top of this I understand Sales/Marketing, Support, Quality Assurance, Product Management, Project Management, Consulting, etc. Literally all of the pieces of the puzzle that you might find in any size of project.
That said, I still do not know every nuance of WebAssist products so I did whet I felt was likely safest. I removed both extensions, using the Adobe Extension Manager, removed the DAT file, and removed what I felt were all of the orphaned files. Then I reinstalled the extensins, I tried installing one before the other, then the next time I swapped the order just in case there was an issue with install order.
The key to the issue lies in the fact that I am using the standalone product.
I must admit that I was pretty darn upset over the situation, and I should have been. Jason Byrnes of Technical Support had it right when he said I should just upgrade to CSS Form Builder or Universal Email, although for the wrong reason. I suspect Technical Support has known there was a problem and has just pushed customers to one of the other products. It is often the case that there is a disconnect between Technical Support and Development until someone like me comes along and really pushes the envalope.
So last night, well at 6:05PM for me, just as I was headed out to take care of another client and try to clear my mind of this whole issue I received a call from Ray Borduin. He established a remote session, looked at some code and within half an hour identified the bug and fixed it for me temporarily. Score one for WebAssist because this is something that is extremely rare.
So the short answer is that it was an obvious bug that should have been caught by QA with no problem (if there is a separate QA process). The issue has been resolved for me, for now. I have also learned my lesson that I really should have had more than just the standalone. I know that some of the tools are very good, and the ones that have worked well for me really do work well. Jason has also assured me that the other extensions that I have previously had issues with have been significantly upgraded and work very well now. So as a show of good faith I have moved to one of the suites.
Hopefully WebAssist learns a lesson here that there is no substitute for taking care of quality, and customer issues that are directly related to product quality. I also hope they recognize that Ray Borduin did something that went well beyond what I ever expected and made a huge contribution to making a very bad situation something that was at least managable. I am very grateful for Ray.