Data Bridge Feature Requests
Hi WA-team and all
What about a thread (this one ;) ) to attach all feature requests to Data Bridge...
...and maybe another one (1) for issues, as there are already too many out there.
My personal wishlist after three days playing around with the new Data Assist wizard in Data Bridge:
Some of these were mentioned in other threads already, but if WA would make this sticky, everybody could append to this thread. That would make it easier to follow.
- Reorder database items in the results page
--> either via jQuery or "up - down" button.
(DWZone-IT has an extension, that can do this task:
Look for "Drag-Drop sort" in the extensions list.
- Apply FB-Theme directly to generated pages, without having to apply a template first.
- Use of lookup tables to populate list/menu form fields and the creation of the needed joins through the wizard.
This would also effect results pages. These foreign keys would not be displayed as its "value", but as its corresponding (joined) "label"
like in the forms menu.
- Recognition and recreation of DA2 insert/update server behaviors.
- Using xml-files for translations into different languages.
I'm sure that many WA-users would participate in helping you to help with these translations (I'ld go for German, by the way, and did this already for parts of the old Interakt KTML 4 editor).
- It would be great if visitors could change the number of records shown on the results page through a select menu like
"Show 30" ... and so on.
...but I have to say WA you are definitely on the right track!
- The new DataAssist 3 wizard is working like a charm. A very logical and self explaining GUI, running much smoother than the old DA2 wizard.
- Customizing the buttons is very comfortable and fast.
- Saving the edits as presets for reuse is very helpful.
You are definitely not only filling the "Interakt - ADDT"-gap, but seem to make it even go further.
Keep up the good work