Thank you, i read the attached thread and it explains it well.
If you don't mind I would like to lay out the steps to make this work:
1. Note the exact name of the added field names on checkout.php
2. Create session values for each new field:
(Server Behaviors -> "+" -> eCart -> General -> Set Session Value)
* Trigger: "Any Form Post"
* Session Name: "eCartCheckoutForm_[field name]"
* Value: "lightning bolt" -> "ecart_checkout_form (checkout.php)" -> [field name]
3. Hidden Dynamic Text Field at the bottom of confirm.php (with the others) for each new field:
* Name: [field name]
* Value: "lightning bolt" -> "eCartCheckoutForm_[field name]"
(I already added appropriate columns to the orders table via phpmyadmin)
4. Modify Store Summary in Database:
(Server Behaviors -> "eCart Store Summary in Database")
* Select Column to fill with correct data -> "lightning bolt" -> "eCartCheckoutForm_[field name]"
Am I missing any steps?