1. How have I set up the registration and did I use my own:
I had my own database which already had its own working registration system on it, but I used a different directory to set up the SA version, using the same database. Registration works fine and all the info is now stored in the database.
2. For the moment I am not using encryption for the password, as it makes life easier to just look at the database to find what it is. If I get a working system then I will add the encryption to it later. I assume that this is possible.
I did not use the pages manager as I have 120 pages to secure for one reason or another, each needing access using levels (groups) username and password. I don't want to enter names into the groups panel as there are likely to be hundreds of them, so the process of allocating group status will be farmed out to editors world wide, leaving me just to group them as "editors" in my database.
The biggest problem with this system, is that the documentatiuon does not tell you what is wanted at most points, or how it works, which is why I asked for samples. If I understand what is supposed to be happening then I can make it work.
Just simple examples like
1. How to set up a pasword that is a minimum 6 characters long, 3 of which may be (but do not have to ) be numbers. Not possible as far as I can see.
2. Where to go in the system to set a page like the login page to go to a specific page if logged in successfully - or is the system supposed to log people in and then they find their way to a page by clicking a menu? At the moment. All I get is a numb message that I am logged in and the same page re-displayed.
3. How to change an error message permanently and save it in the preset.
These are the sort of problems that become annoying. I have played with this thing now for about 20 hours and got precious little of it working at all.