Help! I finally thought I was coming to the end of the road, but after several successful checkout runs, I feel I am back to square one now. Everything was working well, from cart.php to checkout.php to confirm.php to the PayPal login page. After several smooth runs, I did some minor layout positionings and customized things to fit into the site more appropriately. Most of my changes were simple CSS codes in a separate styles file, so I did not adjust WA code. The only modifications I made to WA was in the billing/shipping section, where I removed some of the countries and state listings. We are only shipping to US and Canada.
Unfortunately, after I made my adjustments, I went through another checkout run and noticed several things. The shipping charge is now reflecting only my "per item rate", excluding the UPS charges. My tax rule (only PA tax should be applied) is being ignored completely. No tax is applied to any address. And when I submit my order, I get the following error message from PayPal:
"Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.
Return to MERCHANT
At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to MERCHANT and try another option."
I have already contacted PayPal's support and their reply on this is:
"Thanks for contacting PayPal today. That error message means that one of the address values you are passing is invalid, and your simultaneous passing of address_override=1 forces us to use the invalid value(s). You can correct this issue by capturing what you post to the PayPal checkout and verifying that the values are valid. Common errors include passing a blank field, passing full state or country name instead of the two letter abbreviation, or passing an invalid zip code."
I have checked and rechecked the info that I am placing in the billing/shippng form. I am doing exactly the same things that I did on the successful tries. Everything was working well and I am very confused as to what went wrong. I have checked the eCart object and both the tax and shipping rules are still in place.