Dynamic Nested Menu help
I’m having a problem using the css menu writer, in creating a dynamic nested level 2 menu.
- I’ve created a dynamic level 1 no probs (from table nav1)
- I’ve added a dynamic level 2 menu, but without any filtering (from table nav2)
... all rollovers show all sub-menu links (I expected this to happen - due to no filtering)
- but when I try and use the ‘nesting’ function for the level 2 menu nothing appears in level 2
I have thoroughly read the help notes as well as the forums. Over the years I’ve got a good feel as to how to edit the webassist wizards as well as where to find raw source code to make unusual additional edits; as such I have gone into the menu.php file and tested the recordset (within dreamweaver) by changing the default value, the recordset test does populate correctly.
I’ve attached a screen print of the wizard conf pages
My tables are:
Table 1 nav1: id, text1, link1
Table 2 nav2: id, text1, link1, page1 .... (page1 is the nav1.id ... ie the parent ID)
id is the unique key field in both tables.
- I have tested my example by including a ‘did’ database field ie DynamicmenuID and populating etc
- but still get no 2nd menu, so I don’t think using ‘id’ is an issue
The field ‘page1’ is effectively the parent id
- ie the same id number as the relevant nav1.id .... nav1.id = nav2.page1
The text1 is the navigation Name, link1 is the page to link to.
Both tables also have fields called 'pos' for position 'nl' navlist online 0 or 1, but these field aren't included in getting the basic information to display. Once basic display is working additional filtered will be added by editing the menu.php outside of the wizard.