close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Edit feature not working

Thread began 3/11/2011 12:25 pm by MarkNewsom | Last modified 12/08/2011 7:34 am by Jason Byrnes | 6703 views | 18 replies |

MarkNewsom

Edit feature not working

When I click on the Edit link to edit a page from a web browser, the page flickers and then does nothing. I cannot get it to go into edit mode on any of the pages using a multitude of browsers. Has anyone got a clue what might be causing this?

Sign in to reply to this post

MarkNewsom

Tried Everything I Can Think Of

My client is starting to get frustrated. My fault for not testing the install first. Everything seemed to go as planned, until I tried adding content. I also noticed the screen flickers when I click on the Help tab and a couple of other areas as well. I have tried logging in to make edits from two different systems and have tried Chrome, IE9, Opera, Safari, etc. and I get the same results with the page blinking once and then not going to the actual edit window. Please help if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

MarkNewsom

Update

Thank you for opening a ticket. I have appended a few key things that I hope will assist you in helping me narrow this down. I am beyond frantic at the moment so I am trusting someone will be in touch before you leave for the weekend.

Thanks again!

MarkNewsom

Missed You

Well, I guess it';s past 5 in the East, so I will have to wait until Monday to get help. It's not like I can cripple along. My client cannot ad ANY content at all until this is resolved.

MarkNewsom

Still No Answer

It's Monday morning, 11:20 Eastern. No one has called or replied to my support ticket since it was created last Friday. I am at a complete stand still until someone can help me with this issue. Please let me know when you think someone might be calling me about this ticket.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

we looked into the issue in a connect meeting, it appears to have been a browser caching issue.

jgroh96793

Im having a similar issue. I installed it on my clients hosting server and went through all the steps, now when it brings up the page lists, I click on one of the links but it doesnt do anything. If I view an actual page in the browser, it gives me the edit option and does go to the edit page, but the links on the left in the CMS do not work. Can anyone help? We are at a standstill until this is fixed.

John

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

SPT

This suddenly started happening to me too.

Seems like an easy fix, could you post the fix here please.

Weekends it is easier to read through post, than wait for a ticket.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...