close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

What is the best extension(s) for a photo contest

Thread began 2/08/2010 6:07 am by robert329616 | Last modified 2/11/2010 6:44 pm by robert329616 | 1783 views | 6 replies |

robert329616

What is the best extension(s) for a photo contest

Hello.

I posted this question in the ecart forum and was directed here

As usual I am under a unrealistic deadline to produce a photo contest site by the end of the week.
People will need to register, agree to terms, then upload the photo. Then we would need to allow people view and vote as well as show the amount of votes each has received.

I think I can do some of this with ecart to catalog the photos and then show detail for each when the user click on the thumbnail (after uploading).

Can PowerGallery handle this and is there an extension that would help with keeping track of the votes?

Thanks
Rob

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

eCart is for selling items, so I'm not sure it would work for you to create a voting site. What I would recommend is Security Assist to create the login and log out behaviors and restrict access to pages. Then DataAssist to help with storing the votes for each photo and to create searches for certain photos. Last you will need Digital File Pro to allow the users to upload their photos.

robert329616

Jimmy,

I apologize for posting in multiple areas.
Thanks for the help. How would dataAssist help show the vote tally?
Is there a solution recipe(s) that would be close to what I am trying to do?
Rob

Jimmy Wu

My apologies, I meant that DataAssist would help with storing and updating the vote. To display the vote, you would create a recordset and just display the recordset value.

Unfortunately, there isn't a tutorial to set up something like you are looking for. It would be best to follow the tutorials on each of the products to get familiar with them before trying to build the entire site.

robert329616

Jimmy thanks!

I will go through the tutorials and give it a shot. Can I use a database from one of the packages to start with? Is one maybe closer to what I would need?

Rob.

Jimmy Wu

I'm not sure any of the databases would work for your situation. It would probably be best if you created your database from scratch so it would best fit your needs.

robert329616

OK, thanks for the help!

Rob

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...