close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Image Order

Thread began 12/06/2009 2:52 pm by Alan Shaw | Last modified 12/28/2009 8:21 am by Justin Nemeth | 4322 views | 12 replies |

Alan Shaw

Image Order

Just uploaded a wedding, 260 images all numbered sequentially 0001 – 0260 which is how I thought that they would be displayed.
But that is not the case, as an example the order is:
93, 75, 137, 161, 245, 182

Now ‘dragging and dropping’ is very time consuming with 260 pictures and as soon as you pick the picture up, the page jumps to the top and I have to scroll down to where I want to drop it.

Where is the picture order stored?
It might be quicker to edit the picture order by hand.

Sign in to reply to this post

Justin Nemeth

There is a display_order column in the pg1_gallery_images table that controls the order. The page shouldn't jump up to the top when you drag/drop, what browser are you using? During import, PHP basically reads through your directory and imports in the order PHP gives which normally should be alphabetical, but in your case it might have ordered it by modification date or another file property.

-justin

Alan Shaw

Hi Justin

I've altered nothing within the program, just uploaded a folder of images numbered sequentially to the server, pointed the program to the folder and let it do what it has to do.

But instead of the images displaying in order 0001, 0002, 0003 etc they display randomly.

I use I.E. as a browser; I don't mind using something else if it solves the problem.

When I said it jumps to the top of the page, I may be able to explain better.

Of the larger size thumbnails, each row contains 7 images, so with 260 images I have about 37 rows.

If I want to put an image from say row 20 into row 36 as soon as I pick the image up it jumps to row 1 and then I have to drag it all the way down to where I want to place it.

Very tedious and boring and prone to errors being as I need to hold the mouse button down and scroll the central wheel at the same time. But I'll load Firefox or something and try a different browser if I.E. is considered to be the problem.

Alan

Justin Nemeth

I haven't seen the drap/drop error before, even in IE. I would try Firefox and see if that works better. What version of IE and windows are you on?

The image upload isn't browser dependent since its happening behind the scenes, I will log an issue about that so we can look into it.

-justin

Alan Shaw

I'm using I.E.7, I know there is I.E.8 but I've had a few problems with using that on PHPBB.

I've just installed Firefox 3.5.5 and that is showing the same 'drag & drop' problem.

Justin Nemeth

Alan, I figured out what was causing that issue. If you edit the admin/js/manageimages.js and remove line 87, that will fix it. What was happening was as soon as you started dragging the image, it was setting focus to the title field and thus moving to the top of the page. Removing line 87 doesn't set the focus and fixes your issue.

-justin

Alan Shaw

Sorry Justin

Removed line 87 as suggested, but it jumps as before.

Alan

Justin Nemeth

Try clearing your cache in the browser to make sure its loading the updated Javascript file. I was able to reproduce your issue in my Firefox and after removing that line and clearing my cache, it worked correctly.

webfx23394829

What does the line I am supposed to remove looks like? Line 87 for me is a comment.

Thanks.

Justin Nemeth

$('edit_title').focus();

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...