close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shipping weights

Thread began 10/18/2009 6:01 pm by Timespider | Last modified 10/19/2009 3:18 pm by Office Guy-172461 | 1910 views | 4 replies |

Timespider

Shipping weights

Hello, Iam having huge problems impleminting shipping rules (php). I have read a few of the forums like here & followed a couple of tutorials, but now my brains a mess. I have no idea where to start or what page to start with.

I want to have a shipping charge of $10 if the weight of the whole cart is less than 5kg, then a charge of $20 if the weight is greater than 5kg but less than 20kg then a 3rd charge that I'll add once I get this first bit sorted out.

My product weights are stored in my DB in the products table like this 0.75

Could someone start me off on the right page & set me in the right direction.

Thanks for any help. Chris

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The first thing you will need to get in place for this is making sure the weights are in the cart for the items. Do you have a weight column in your cart that you are binding with the column from your db for the items weight? If not you will need to do so by editing your add to cart server behaviors to ensure that the weight from the db is being added to the weight column in the cart.

Once you have the info being recorded you can just create the flat rate shipping rules. The first will have a trigger of subtotal of weight is < 5, then apply the flat rate of $10. The second will be subtotal of weight >= 5 and < 20, then apply the flat rate of $20. I'm including some screen shots of what the charges should look like in the cart.

Timespider

Thanks

I actually have just got it working & was about to post my own answer, but it's reassuring to see I did it the way you have mentioned.

Thanks Eric

Chris

Eric Mittman

These charge and discount rules that you can craft in eCart are pretty flexible in what they allow you to do and how they are applied. Glad to hear that you had it worked out, I bet someone will benefit from your post here.

Office Guy-172461

I thought so too Eric,

It just became my latest article:
Shipping charges by weight ranges
170/

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...